Friday, July 20, 2012

Leavenworth Vacation

In May we took our little family to Leavenworth. It was an adventure for sure. I think this was the first trip we have attempting that was longer than 2 hours. The kids did great and they were so excited to stay in a HOTEL!! 
I took the kids swimming, the water was cold and it was 5 feet deep everywhere so poor Nixon couldn't jump to me or I would have drowned. I had to stand on my tip toes to keep my mouth above water.
They were so good though, I was so proud of them.
Sadie loved the hotel room, I am sure I left something there because she kept putting random things in all the drawers and baskets.
There was a fabulous breakfast every morning and
The Alphorn was played every morning and it was amazing to watch!!

Jon might have played a few games of softball while we were there too:)
The Enzian hotel were we stayed had a miniature golf course across the street that we could play for free. We might have been the faster players ever!
The kids loved it, but they just hit it whenever and wherever they wanted.




Sadie even let me help her.....sometimes
Jon, Nixon and Sadie behind the water fall
Sadie wanted to pet the deer that was hanging on the wall at the restaurant.
Jon swimming with the kids!
The Alphorn


Leavenworth is located at the base of the eastern slope of the Cascade Mountains, very near the geographical center of Washington State. The town's elevation is about 1,100 feet, with mountains rising 5,000-8,000 feet nearby. It was beautiful and the town is one big Bavarian Village.




Enjoying the morning in the town!!
We wore the kids out and they slept a lot of the way home:)

One story from the trip:
We had checked into the hotel and were headed back to the softball fields which were about 20 minutes away. I was pretty close when Nixon says "Mom I don't feel very good, I think I'm going to spit up." I handed him a sac and he did throw up in the car right then. Man it was nasty, too much driving and too many treats!! I made a note in my head for our next travel adventure. Poor little guy!! 

1 comment:

  1. So today I randomly was thinking about you and realized you hadn't blogged in forever, however I didn't realize you moved your blog to this one! Where have I been? I am happy I found this one so I can catch up with you:)

    ReplyDelete